Saturday, June 18, 2011

First post

Tomorrow is Father's Day and that will be the second anniversary of my TR3 arriving in Lawrenceville, GA. We will pull the engine and transmission tomorrow. I'm a father and that's what I want to do on Father's Day. I will post the history of this project on later posts. There are lots of photos. There used to be a website by the same name as this blog but this looks a lot easier. I know some of the history of the previous owners, the Hirsch family of Miami and Micanopy. And just a very small amount about the owner before them.

Here's a status of where the project sits today. Much has been taken off the the car. About everything is out of the passenger compartment, fenders off, doors off  The engine is stripped down as well. Exhaust manifold and carburetors are off. Fan, generator, radiator all off and stored away. It basically down to the engine and transmission, the main part of the body and all the drive and suspension parts on the frame.

Tomorrow, we'll pull the engine and transmission. I'll cut the body across the rusted door sills and floor pans. Then we can lift the front and rear clips off the frame and see what shape it is in. There's a ways to go but there is a self imposed deadline for this project. April 2012 there is a car show and race at Road Atlanta called the Walter Mitty Classic. I'f I'm done in time, I can take a parade lap with the rest of the Triumphs.
That's the goal. And here we go!


This is as I found it two years ago.


Here's how it stands today June 18, 2011. I can see progress but perhaps not everyone can.
Gotta go. May be buying welding equipment for Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment